20 Questions to Ask During a Patient Screening and Dental Implant Consultation
Making decisions regarding your dental health is very important. Therefore we created some questions that may prove helpful as you meet with other dental providers. Use questions and comments as a guideline while searching the best options for your dental care. For more information call the TeethToday Center at 800-616-7010 or email us.
BE INFORMED ABOUT YOUR OPTIONS
An informed patient will make an informed decision. When meeting with other healthcare providers it is important to know what questions to ask when considering replacing missing teeth and caring for your overall health, appearance and well-being. Below is a list that may prove beneficial:
- How many teeth do I need in one jaw for proper chewing and cosmetics?
- How many implants are required to restore an entire jaw?
- Do you routinely use a CT scan to plan implant surgery and if not, why not?
- What complications can occur if I do not have a CT scan?
- Why is it important that the implant surgeon and the restorative dentists be involved with both the planning and placement of the implants?
- What kind of relationship do you have with my referral dentist?
- Do I incur any expense if an implant fails or has to be removed or repositioned?
- How do you know if I need bone grafting?
- How many surgeries will I have to have before I get my full jaw implant-supported bridge?
- How many different doctors and dental offices will I have to go to in order to plan and complete my case fully? How long will it all take?
- Will I have any temporary teeth to replace any teeth that have to be extracted?
- Will my temporary teeth be removable or secure?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of screw-retained versus cemented full jaw implant supported bridges?
- How long will a full jaw implant-supported bridge last? What can cause it to fail?
- What happens if some part of the bridge fractures?
- What is the maintenance schedule for a full jaw bridge?
- How often do I need to have my screw-retained full jaw bridge removed and cleaned?
- How many full jaw implant-supported replacements have you performed?
- How many dental implant cases has your lab done, including All-on-4 cases?
- Can I speak directly to several patients you have treated with full jaw implant-supported bridges?